HONOR X9b Gaming Review : A Quick Glance

SudhanshuRoy
Verified

Hey Explorers!

I am back with a quick gaming review of this X9b. Let's dive to know more. The HONOR X9b is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 6 Gen1 SoC, which can easily handle heavy performance requirements. We know that software and driver optimization also play an equal role in delivering what we need in the best possible way. And when it comes to gaming, we need to check a few other things too, like thermal management, battery management, connectivity, etc...
A Simple Question- When we say a phone has a good gaming experience?
A Simple AnswerIf we get a smooth gaming experience without lag and jitters with good thermal, battery, and network management, we can say that the gaming experience of the device seems good.
BGMI Test
  • This device supports very high frame rate and graphics settings in BGMI, which are HDR-Extreme and Ultra HDR-Ultra.
  • With HDR-Extreme Settings, the gameplay is super smooth at 60fps and provides good graphic visuals.
  • There is no Lag or Jitters during the gameplay even on the high graphics settings like HDR and Extreme.
  • CPU throttling is managed well hence no performance drop even after 1 hrs of continuous gaming on Smooth-Extreme graphics setting.
  • If you are a casual gamer, you will never complain about the gaming performance of this device.
  • Software and Driver optimization is well along with the Connectivity.
◾️ Here's the Gaming Test of 1hrs on the Graphics and Frame rate settings of Smooth-Extreme.Image
  • Start time and Battery - 01:43 PM with 64% Battery
  • End time and Battery - 02:56 PM with 46% Battery:
  • Battery Drop and Time Spent - 18% Drop in 73 minutes
  • Start and End Soc Temperature - 36°C - 43°C
  • Graphics - Smooth and Extreme
  • Connectivity Type - Wi-Fi (Wireless Fidelity)
  • Audio Over Bluetooth Neckband at approx 30% Volume
◾️ On the 73 minutes of BGMI gameplay, it drained 17-18% of battery which means 0.23-0.24% battery drain per minute. This means you can play for 6.7 hours - 7.1 hours non-stop on a full charge. If we talk about thermals then the temperature rise is 7°C, i.e. from 36°C to 43°C, which is ok and the device doesn't feel uncomfortable heating up. On this frame rate, the whole gameplay of more than 1hrs was super smooth without any lag or jitters which depicts a good gaming performance and a great throttle management. As a casual gamer, this device is never going to bother you.
◾️ With HDR-Extreme you will get approx 6.5 hours of gameplay on full charge.
Call Of Duty (COD) Test
ImageImage
  • Again with COD Mobile, this device has the highest graphic and framerate support, i.e. HIGH and MAX with Super Smooth gameplay without Lag and Jitters.
  • Start time and Battery - 10:02 PM with 72% Battery
  • End time and Battery - 10:30 PM with 65% Battery:
  • Battery Drop and Time Spent - 7% Drop in 28 minutes
  • Start and End Soc Temperature - 36°C - 44°C
  • Graphics - HIGH and MAX
  • Connectivity Type - 5G (Cellular Data)
  • Audio Over Bluetooth Neckband at approx 30% Volume
◾️ According to the above data, 7% of the battery drained in approx 30 minutes which means 14% drain per hour and approx 0.23% battery drain per minute. This means you can play for around 7.2 hours non-stop on a full charge. If we talk about thermals then the temperature rise is 8°C, i.e. from 36°C to 44°C, which is ok and the device doesn't feel uncomfortable heating up. On this frame rate, the whole gameplay was super smooth without any lag or jitters which again depicts a good gaming performance and a great throttle management.
Conclusion
The device performed well in the gaming assessment. The performance of the Snapdragon 6 Gen1 and UI optimization is aiding the super smooth gameplay without any throttling even after a long playback on heavy graphics. This device will never bother a casual gamer. You can enjoy your daily gameplay on this device without any issues. I selected these two games because they utilize the CPU and GPU's maximum performance during gameplay, providing a good representation. Games with lower graphics requirements and less resource usage should perform similarly well as BGMI and COD Mobile. That's all for today, we will meet again very soon with an amazing battery review thread. Don't forget to check it out.
That's all for today from my side. I hope you liked this info on the gaming performance part and hope is going to help you. Don't forget to share your feedback or anything you want in the comment section. Also, if you have any queries/questions, please don't hesitate to ask in the comment section below, the comment section is all yours. We will meet again in the next thread soon, till then take care of yourself and you're loved ones.
Thanks for taking your precious time to engage on this thread.
Upcomming Two Threads on HONOR X9b
  1. In-Depth Battery Review (17th March 2024)
  2. In-depth review of the whole device (19th March)
Signing off
Sudhanshu Roy
Content, Community

Image   Image   Image   Image