Tech Roundtable VOL. #4 - Leather Back or Glass Back: Which Do You Prefer More?

Tej Dave
Verified

Heya Explorers! 
This is Tej Dave, your fellow explorer, back with another interesting and debatable topic. Last time, I had a discussion about the secondary cameras with y'all. And now this time, let's get to the other aspect of the back side of our smartphone, i.e., The Back designs

Nowadays, we have been getting a variety of choices about which smartphone back we want to have in our phone! FY2024 brought many leatherback smartphones, the supplementary to the Glassbacks! It becomes a visible confusion if we had to choose one between both of them, right?? Then let us begin our debate… 
Leatherback or Glass Back: Which Do You Prefer More?
ImageWhen choosing a smartphone, one key consideration is the material of its back. The debate between leatherback and glass back smartphones is ongoing, with each material offering distinct advantages and disadvantages. Ultimately, the preference depends on individual priorities regarding aesthetics, durability, and functionality. 
Pros of a Leatherback
ImageImage Credits: Ashay Sakhare  

Leather back smartphones offer a unique and luxurious feel that appeals to many users. The texture of leather provides a comfortable grip, reducing the likelihood of the phone slipping from one's hand. Moreover, leather tends to show fewer fingerprints and smudges compared to glass, maintaining a cleaner appearance over time. Leather also ages gracefully, developing a patina that adds character to the device. For users who prioritize a unique, premium look and a secure grip, leather back smartphones are an attractive option. 
Pros of a Glassback
ImageImage Credits 

On the other hand, glass back smartphones have gained popularity for their sleek, modern appearance. The glossy finish of glass exudes a sense of sophistication and elegance, often complementing the overall design of the phone. Additionally, glass is easier to clean and can be more hygienic than leather, which can absorb oils and moisture. For those who value cutting-edge aesthetics and advanced functionality, glass back smartphones are the preferred choice. 
One-on-one Comparison!
However, the preference for glass backs comes with its drawbacks. Glass is inherently more fragile than leather, making it susceptible to cracks and shattering upon impact. Despite the advancements in Gorilla Glass technology, a significant drop can still cause substantial damage. Moreover, a Glass Back becomes more prone to the scratches, but it gives an edge over Leather for pen ink stains! Because certain leatherbacks can get permanent stains onto it, which destroys the look of a smartphone! Leather, being more resilient to scratches and drops, offers better durability in everyday use. For individuals who lead active lifestyles or are prone to dropping their phones, leather backs provide a more practical and long-lasting solution. 
My Preference 
ImageImage Credits: Ashay Sakhare  

If I had to choose one, then it would have always been a Leatherback for my smartphone! The luxury it gives feels like a delight to my palm and the softness & grip gives me a proper hold over the phone! Moreover, myself being a rough user would definitely get the glass back of a smartphone shattered within a few weeks!  
Wrapping Up! 
In conclusion, the choice between leatherback and glass back smartphones hinges on personal preferences regarding aesthetics, functionality, and durability. Leather backs offer a unique, comfortable, and durable option, while glass backs provide a sleek, modern look with the added benefits of stain & dirt resistance. Understanding these factors allows consumers to make an informed decision that best suits their needs and lifestyle. 

Hope y'all loved indulging in the discussion! You got some topics to discuss?? Reach me in the Comments and get it featured in our next Volume!  

Till then 
~Tej Dave

Your Fellow Explorer at your Service! 🤓
Ashay Sakhare
Verified

Amazing information bro 😍😍
jaisharan2
Verified

Leather Feels more premium 😎
Syed_Nabi23
Verified

I will prefer leatherback