Deleting files improve your computer speed ? : Fact or Myth? - MBM Episode #15

Navraj rathore
Verified

Hey explorer!
I hope everyone is doing well and thoroughly enjoying the vibrant tech community here.  
Welcome to yet another episode of Monday Myth Busters, our weekly series where we dive into the exciting world of myths and uncover the truth behind some of the most popular beliefs. 
What's the Myth?
Deleting files improve your computer speed ? 
We’ve all heard it: "Deleting files will make your computer run faster." A lot of people believe that getting rid of old files will speed up their computer. But is that really true, or just something we’ve always been told? Let’s break it down and find out what’s real and what’s not.
How Computer Speed Works
Some people believe that deleting files makes their computer faster. While removing old files can free up space, it doesn’t always make the computer run quicker. The speed mostly depends on things like the processor and memory. So, cleaning out files helps a little, but it’s not the only way to speed up your computer.
The Origin of the Belief
Many people think that deleting files speeds up a computer because they've heard it so often. In the past, when computers had less storage, deleting files did help. But now, most computers have plenty of space. So while removing files can free up some room, it doesn’t really change how fast the computer works. This old belief still sticks around, even though things have changed.
The Reality
Deleting files doesn’t usually make your computer faster. While it can free up space, speed mostly depends on the processor (CPU) and memory (RAM). If your computer has enough RAM and a good CPU, it will run well even with many files. To really improve speed, focus on upgrading hardware and managing programs instead.
When Deleting Files Might Help
Deleting files can help when your computer’s storage is almost full. If there’s very little space left, your computer might slow down because it needs some free space to work properly. Removing large or unnecessary files can free up that space, making things run more smoothly. However, it only helps if the storage is the main issue. For most people, the speed boost from deleting files is small.
Conclusion
Deleting files can improve your computer’s speed, but only when storage space is the main issue. If your computer is running out of room, clearing out old or unnecessary files can help it perform better. However, if your computer is slow for other reasons, like outdated hardware or too many programs running at once, deleting files won’t make much of a difference. Regular maintenance, like removing junk files and unused apps, can keep things running smoothly, but don’t expect it to solve all speed problems.
Thanks for exploring the truth behind deleting files and computer speed with me! If this thread helped clear things up, give it a thumbs up 👍. I’d love to hear your thoughts or answer any questions you have, so feel free to drop a comment below. Don’t forget to hit 'follow' to stay updated with more tech tips and myth-busting insights!

Feel free to DM me on Telegram: @beshramfotugrapher. I'm here to help!
Thanks,
Navraj Rathore
Navraj Rathore
Content, Community

Image Image Image Image