Did You Know ? | Facts #53

jyotinalui
Verified

Hey Explorers,

I hope all of you're healthy and enjoying your life as you always remember that “ Health is wealth “ and taking care of your body is an essential part of your daily life.

Today, I'm going to talk to you about a very important and yet delicate matter which is a part of our body and yet it can be dangerous if not taken seriously…. “Allergy”.
Did you know?
In today's world, the rate of occurrence of allergy and the allergen agents has increased thrice than that of some time ago and the most common these days is the Dust allergy and some food allergy which nowadays people are getting a lot due to the genetic changes happening as well as with the surroundings.
So, first of all we have to understand, “How do allergies occur ?” Well, to answer that, let's look into it.

Allergy occurs when a person's immune system reacts to substances in the environment that are harmless to most people. These substances are known as allergens and are found in dust mites, pets, pollen, insects, ticks, moulds, foods, and drugs (medications).

What are some symptoms from which you can determine whether you have an allergy or not from some particular scenarios?

Well, it's very simple, just observe some key things like:
  • When the allergen enters the body, it triggers an antibody response.
  • The antibodies attach themselves to mast cells, which response by releasing histamine.
  • When the release of histamine is due to an allergen, the resulting inflammation is irritating and uncomfortable.

Well, the simple answer is you can't cure the allergy but surely remedies are there to improve the condition and the basic thing is “Be far as much as possible from the allergen” to avoid allergy reaction.

Some of the steps are:
  • Antihistamine tablets, syrups, intranasal sprays, and eye drops (non-sedating)
  • Intranasal corticosteroid sprays (INCS)
  • Intranasal corticosteroid spray (INCS) containing antihistamine
  • Medicated eye drops
  • Adrenaline
  • Saline (salt water) treatments
  • Allergen immunotherapy (also known as desensitization)
So, I think now all of you have understood the basic thing about allergy and how to understand it if you have it and what are the basic ailments you can have….

So always be Aware of what you're eating and of your surroundings which you think is affecting your body..

That's for today, I'll be back again with some more helpful tips and tricks regarding common health problems.

Ciao
Subhrajyoti Nalui
HTech
RD.•°
Verified

informative, thanks for sharing 👍 
RD.•°
MAGiC NATION
Image Image
sarthhkk
Verified

Informative